The Supers

The Supers
Our growing superfamily

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Winding Down

What was once a flurry of pre-baby activity has now ebbed into short bursts of motivation followed by long periods of rest. The energy that I was incredulous about and appreciative of has been zapped from my body. I fear that my days of swimming laps have ended.

Yesterday I melted down so completely into the couch and the book I was reading that David was forced to take the kids out to dinner and a movie (not that he minded that much!). I lied on the couch and read for five hours straight. Granted, it was a page-turner, but I can’t remember the last time I did that! Oh wait, I can, it was when I was on bedrest! Looks like that wouldn’t have actually been the worst pronouncement in the world after all. The kids had such a great time with Daddy, and he with them, that it made me realize that he doesn’t often get the opportunity to take them out without me. Sometimes we’ll split them up and take one or the other out, but most of the time it’s either me and the kids, or the entire family together. It was amazing to have some “Mommy time” here at the house without having to go find something to do, and I think the kids really enjoyed getting some real Daddy time.

Anyway, my point is, I need to stop asking that guy to do home renovations. I need to come to terms with the fact that by the end of the week, I need a break. It’s time to put my feet up, lie back, and embrace the fat sloth of pregnancy. That’s hot, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment